Thursday, April 16, 2009

Westside for Skinny Bastards

This is the template I suggest you use for your summer lifting. You can also download a pretty PDF of the same info here.

You get to choose what exercises you want to use. You should rotate exercises every 3-4 weeks. I suggest you stick to pullup variations for your max effort upper body exercise.

As always, do a dynamic warmup before you lift. You should try to arrange your lifting schedule so you play Ultimate on your upper body days.

3 comments:

  1. Is there a good alternative to the weighted chinup. I'm in the gym alone a lot so I don't have someone to load me with a dumbbell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try sternum chinups. There's no way you can move a bench to the chinup bar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or just do something benchy for your first exercise, and do unweighted chinups for the second. Not ideal, but not that big a deal.

    ReplyDelete