Stanford Ultimate Invitational, Day 2, March 8, 2009 from doug greenwood on Vimeo.
- Force Middle for X+3 (poach handlers for first 3) to force forehand
- Force Middle for X+3 (poach handlers for first 3) to force backhand
- Longbow for 3 to Spoon for X+1 (trapping forehand) to force forehand
- Longbow for 3 to Spoon for X+1 (trapping backhand) to force backhand
- Longbow for 5 to straight up for X to force forehand
- Longbow for 5 to straight up for X to force backhand
- 0:43 - Missed bid leads to breakmark huck and score. Was bidding a good decision here?
- 1:00 - Looks like Crab run badly. Horizontal cuts across to the open side usually are poor risk/reward.
- 1:26 - As soon as Kip sees Gspence cutting into his lane, Kip should be busting deep to set up an under cut as soon as Gspence catches the disc.
- 2:20 - Great mark by Baatz. Notice Tranholt right next to him talking. Notice the rest of the sideline players 20+ yards away from the action.
- 2:55 - Gspence should be sprinting to get dump set in the right place.
- 3:00 - Decent huck look. Will probably could have had an open breakside huck if he had cut actross to the break side for the dish
- 5:02 - I'm not sure this is what Gspence wanted to throw, but the huck could not have been placed any better. Will's defender never has a chance. We also have a cutter making a deep cut down the open sideline at the same time. What's he looking for?
- 6:37 - What's Cead taking away on the mark? Where's the sideline help?
- 7:23 - Not a good decision on the huck. Kip's 40 yards downfield, there's no lane to throw to, and Cead has to throw with a weird release to get around the poach.
- 8:05 - Kip should be looking to create space instead of standing still.
- 10:45 - Cutters are coming in way to close to the disc.
- 11:00-11:15 - Luke is awesome. Really smart cutting.
- 11:55 - We move the disc immediately after the turn and get an easy score.
- 12:45 - Good stuff happens when nobody holds the disc for more than 2 seconds.
- 16:50 - If Gspence lays out and catches his D, he would have looked really cool.
- 17:00 - Tranholt has an easy, wide-open forehand, but decides to throw a really difficult breakmark backhand.
- 18:07 - Tranholt is wide open going deep. Huck was a reasonable decision, hitting a poached Luke probably would have been a better decision.
- 18:45 - I don't like the IO there.
- Our man defense is pretty bad. We give up under cut after under cut to the open side.
- Watch the entire game again, but this time just watch Luke. He almost never cuts for the player with the disc. Instead, he's always looking to create space for other cutters and set himself up to get open in a couple passes.